Whirlpool duet washer WFW8500SR
My washer worked fine until I moved to another house. It’s still not on the pedistal becaus we are elderly and cannot lift it. I first started getting error f20. If I cancelled and restarted after it drained it would complete the cycle. I even check the water hook up to make sure no hoses were kinked and water was turned all the water up I cleaned the wire filters on the water input with CLR then opened the drain hatch and cleaned it out. It worked ok for a while. Now I get at error f27 sad. Utube is not clear on fixing that one. Cannot afford t call repair. They charge $200 just to come out.
The F27 error on that model means the following:
If the overflow contact on the pressure switch is closed for more than 60 seconds, an Overflow Condition occurs. In an overflow condition, the door remains locked and the drain pump runs constantly, even if PAUSE/CANCEL is pressed twice and the display is cleared. Turn off hot and cold water faucets and unplug the unit before servicing.
Some the troubleshooting listed below you have already done but I will post it for you anyhow:
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, water inlet value, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Check for drain pump failure.
6. Check the inlet valve for proper shut off. If the washer is filling and stopping when it should and does not still drip in the tub when powered off the inlet valve is fine.
7. Check the pressure switch for proper operation. If the washer is filling and stopping at the correct water levels the pressure switch is fine.
I would guess that since you were getting the F20 code at first and now this code, that the drain pump on the washer needs to be replaced. The drain pump for your model can be purchased from the link below: