How To Manually Unlock Whirlpool Duet Washer Door
I have a whirlpool duet it’s about five years old. I started washing my clothes and I don’t remember the code that came up. I change the dial to drain and spin and it sounds like it wants to but it’s not doing it. This started acting up before the fabric softener was deposited onto the clothes. The door is locked. I’ve tried unplugging it holding the control lock for three seconds and a few other things. I have all my work clothes in here that I need for tomorrow morning and I don’t know how to get them out. No matter what I try the door will not open.
Follow the instructions below to manually unlock the washer door:
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼” or until a click is heard.
6. The door should be opened.
If your model duet does not have the access panel at the bottom then remove the top lid off the washer and look down at the door lock assembly you will see the white tab to pull on top of the door lock assembly just pull the tab upward and the door will open.